Work in Print
My first published poem ‘The Heart and What We Mean by It”–will be in Vol 6.1 of the St. Katherine Review; you can order digital copies here. Other poetry has appeared in the premier editions of iola magazine. You can order copies here.
Several years ago I had the privilege of contributing to “Bombshells-War Stories and Poems by Women on the Homefront” edited by Missy Martin, where an essay of mine was included about my nephew Jeremy. I was honored to tell his story about joining the Marines.
- GRACE TABLE–What Forgiveness Tastes Like
- (in)Courage–On Starbuck’s Time
- BIBLE DUDE-What one of My Autistic Students Taught Me
- ALTARWORK-Fiction essay and a poem ‘Revelation’
- FOR JENNIFER DUKES LEE–‘Preapproved’–When your Pants are Too Tight
- MAKES YOU MOM-Loving the People Who Love our Children
- THE HIGH CALLING-On Social Justice
- Guest Post for KEL ROHLF-SOUL PANTRY-“Parts of Speech, the Elmer’s Glue of Language”
- SHELOVES MAGAZINE–“Change Over Time (We Are Always Growing Up)”
- BARREN MAGAZINE (online)-–“After D”, a poem I wrote after a friends’ suicide