It’s July 14th, Bastille Day. If I was French I’d be watching fireworks in my beret from my seat near La Tour Eiffel. But alas, I am in Seattle in the US of A and my July 14thlooks quite different. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and I think we might go see a Chihuly glass exhibit.
1) patient (with me)
4) gracious-does not hold up my shortcomings
5) diplomatic–will ALWAYS say less
6) tender (towards me)
7) compassionate–understands my passion to write
(Do you see a trend here? How it’s all about me? How blessed I am?)
8) loves our 2 children
9) is a great grandpa to our 5 grandchildren
10) never gives up–will figure out a way
11) prays for our children
12) serves others (nursing home peeps)
13) loves God’s word
14) loves his mom (who lives with us)
15) makes the bed in the morning without me asking (score!)
16) helps and serves without being asked (I remember suitcases…)
17) looks for ways to bless others (our friend J.)
18) has a passion for his children to know Jesus
19) serves others without complaining
20) will always find a way…..I think I wrote that once already!)
Well, you get the idea. It’s a growing list–I’m on number 41 now and counting. The practice has been a good reminder to LOOK FOR the good in my husband, to be more attentive to God’s gifts and to be grateful.
If you are married, (or have a roommate or sibling that you share space with) I highly recommend it!